IAM730 - Special Topics: Quantum Information Theory
Instructor(s): Yurdahan Güler
Prerequisites: Consent of Instructor(s)
Course Catalogue Description
Quantum Information Theory: density matrix, composite systems, Shannon entropy; Quantum Data Compression; Decoherence: decoherence models for a single qubit, quantum black box; Quantum Error Correction: general properties of quantum error correction; Experimental Implementations: NMR quantum computation, cavity quantum electro dynamics.
At the end of the course, the student will learn:
- The aim of this course is to study some selected topics in quantum information theory to prepare students for more advanced investigations in the field.
Course Learning Outcomes
Student, who passed the course satisfactorily will be able to:
- familiarity to some advanced concepts in the field;
- to gain some skills for advanced research.
Tentative (Weekly) Outline
- Weeks 1-5 Ouantum information theory
- Weeks 6-9: Decohernce
- Weeks 10-11: Quantum Error correction
- Weeks 12-14: Experimental implementations
- Nielsen and Chuang, Quantum Computation and Quantum Information,Cambridge 2000
Supplementary Materials and Resources
- Benenti, Casati and Strini, Principles of Quantum Computation and Information, Vols. 1,2. World Scientific
More Info on METU CatalogueBack