Application to Faculty Position Pool
The Institute of Applied Mathematics (IAM), Middle East Technical University (METU) aims to create a curriculum vitae (CV) pool for potential academic positions which may be offered within coming years. To this aim, we invite all scholars who are interested in full-time faculty positions(1,2) starting from Assistant Professor level based on the academic profile of the applicant. We encourage you to send us your information if you have a solid research history with a strong publication record in one of the prioritized areas of the departments/programs in IAM:
- Actuarial Science: Life and Non-Life Insurance Mathematics, Pension Fund Mathematics, Asset Liability Management, Solvency and Internal Modeling;
- Cryptography: Cryptographic Protocols;
- Financial Mathematics: Stochastic Control, Quantitative Finance;
- Scientific computing: High Performance Computing, Numerical Linear Algebra, Mathematical Modelling with Multidisciplinary Applications.
We encourage also exceptionally qualified candidates in other fields whose research may strongly interact with our programs. Members of the institute are expected to pursue a vigorous research program, attract external research funding, and contribute strongly to the institute's teaching program at graduate level. Interested candidates are invited to submit an application online with following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Research Statement;
- Teaching Statement;
- Name and address of three references.
(1) Offer of position is subject to the requirements of the relevant government agency. Further information is available at Öğretim Üyesi Atama ve Yükseltme Kriterleri (for Turkish citizens).
(2) Hiring procedure for non-Turkish citizens can be found from link.